Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

414 26th St W
Bradenton, FL, 34205
United State


Manatee Insurance Services, Inc. have been working locally with Floridians to save money and time insuring all major properties including Autos, Homes, Motorcycles, and Boats for over 35 plus years! Come save money and time finding the right insurance all under one roof. Lets get saving Florida! Contact us for a second look on what you will save.


How Flood Insurance Is Different From Home Insurance?

Matthew Smith

Flood Insurance

Having a house wrecked by a flood can be devastating for homeowners. What could be even more devastating is finding out that home insurance will not cover any of the damage. 

As a homeowner, you should be proactive in learning what your insurance does and doesn’t cover, so that you can prepare for the worst. If you are living in a high-risk area for floods, you might need to get flood insurance.

Homeowner insurance

Home insurance is something very basic and is often required when taking out a mortgage. It usually covers any damage done to the house and bodily injuries sustained. It is likely going to cover any damage done by water due to a burst pipe or heavy rainfall. However, it won’t cover any damage if there is a flood in your area.

Flood Insurance

Flood is defined as a large body of water from lakes, streams, rivers and oceans rising in dry land, and any damage it does to the house will be covered under flood insurance alone. If your home is located in a high-risk flood area, it will be compulsory for you to get flood insurance along with home insurance when taking out a mortgage.  

Mainly, flood insurance is offered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), and has the following coverage:

  • Building damage coverage that covers up to $250,000
  • Private property coverage of up to a $100,000

However, if this coverage seems inadequate, you will need to buy additional flood insurance from private insurance companies, as NFIP does not offer insurance above these limits.


The insurance provided by NFIP will cover the building damage through ‘cost to rebuild’ or ‘actual value’ of the homewhichever is less. It would mainly include:

-         Removal of debris

-         Electrical system

-         Plumbing system

-         Foundation of the house

-         Garage

-         Permanent cupboards

-         HVAC system

-         Water heater

-         Kitchen appliances

The personal property coverage will cover:

-         Curtains

-         Carpets

-         Clothes

-         Furniture

-         Electrical equipment

-         Any other valuable items up to a $2,500

If you are still confused about flood and home insurance, contact us at 941-747-7283 or consider visiting our office in Bradenton, FL.

Our experts thoroughly guide you—if you need flood insurance, whether your house is in high-risk flood area, and how flood insurance will be adequate for you. We also get you instant quotes.